Thursday, February 7, 2019

Message from the Interim Superintendent

Dear Faculty, Staff, and Community Members,

My name is Michael Schiedo and I am honored to be appointed as your Interim Superintendent. I have 34 years of experience in education, 20 of those years as an administrator, with the last nine years as a Superintendent of Schools (three years at Lyncourt UFSD, and six years at Chittenango Central School District).

I am also very familiar with the Onondaga-Cortland-Madison BOCES and know many of the local component school district superintendents on a professional level. I believe that it is through dedication and commitment that a school district provides excellent programs, opportunities, and experiences for its students. I look forward to joining the exceptional collection of colleagues at the West Genesee Central School District while the search process begins for a new Superintendent of Schools.

The District has an outstanding academic and extracurricular reputation. My role as Interim Superintendent will be to facilitate a smooth transition as we continue to move the District in a positive direction forward during this process. I am here to provide leadership and support with this extremely talented group of administrators, teachers, and support staff.

The District and community are very fortunate to have a Board of Education that is committed to excellence. With each decision they make, this dedicated group of volunteers continue to keep the best interest of all students in mind. I will spend the first couple of months collaborating and planning with our Board, as well as the administrative team, faculty, and support staff.

Personally, I am very excited to begin my work in the West Genesee Central School District. I look forward to meeting everyone. Please feel free to stop by my office to say hello and introduce yourself, or stop me in the hallways or at events as you see me over the next few months. You will find me both visible and accessible.

Sincerely,

Michael Schiedo
Interim Superintendent of Schools